Your best dive spot ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hocky

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm looking at talking a dive holiday...two weeks, maybe a livaboard, maybe a resort and I wanted some ideas...so, where is the best place in the world that you have dived? And why is it the best place.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Hocky

Hi Hocky

I have dived in Egypt, Scotland, the Bahamas and although the Bahamas came close the best dive for me was the Cod Hole, in Queensland. They had fantastic wall drop offs, great swim-throughs and cod the size of a VW van...most impressive. I spent three days there diving the same spot, and at the end I just wanted to dive it some more.

That to me is the sign of a great site.

Keep diving and stay happy!

Red

I agree with Red, you just can't go past a live aboard trip out from Cairns or Townsville in northern Australia. The diving is supberb. The reefs off Townsville are a little better (my opinion) :D than off Cairns. Also Townsville has the Yongala wreck which is a must do dive if you are in Australia. There is a giant cod on the Yongala nicknamed "VW" as it is the size of a bug.

The following is a trip report done by my partner a couple of months ago:-

Hi All,
Just came back from a purrrfect weekend, diving the Yongala Wreck on the GBR, what a magnificent dive site, the marine life is just incredible. On the second dive of the day we were gearing up for our next dive when 3 humpback whales surfaced next to the boat and hung around for about 5
minutes. The wreck is covered in beautiful soft corals you can hardly see any of the super structure and every marine creature from miles around has made the Yongala its home. Its alive with all shapes, sizes, and types of marine life. On one dive alone I saw turtles, morays, eagle rays,a huge spotted bull ray, two magnificent lion fish, and a mass of schooling fish, and to make the memory complete my partner and I were about to ascend when I looked out from the wreck and saw a 10 -12 foot Tiger shark cruise by I was absolutely stoked. I had heard that there was the odd Bull shark and Tiger shark that frequent the wreck from time to time, it was my lucky day. If you ever get the opportunity to dive the GBR it is a must do dive, I just thought I would like to share this experience with you.
John

My partner (John) and I dive regularly on the Yongala and it is always amazing.

Hope you can make a trip to OZ. :D :D :D

Jude :bounce:

My best dive to date is "Babylon" on the North Shore of Grand Cayman. I have only dove in the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. However, Michael Cousteau rated it #2 behind The Great Barrier Reef. That is a far better recommendation than mine.

MTC

I've got to say the southern Red Sea. Get away from the day boats of Hurghada and the diving south of there ranks supreme: Elphinstone, Daedulus, Panorama (great night diving) and of course Brother Islands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom