Your fav wreck in Virginia Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I see a lot of wrecks being listed in these waters. There is Gulf Hustler and Luckenbach etc. Are there any wrecks that are really good for diving / photography purposes? What is your favorite wreck in Virginia Beach area and why?

The ones you can dive on are my favorites:wink:. Unfortunately there are precious few charters and even fewer dive buddies with boats.

Take a ride down the beach to NC and you'll have too many to choose from!

It's nice not driving to hatter as or Morehead to catch some wrecks, we should get a local wreck dive group together to include a guy with a decent boat...I'd be more than willing to split gas for some local dives.

It's nice not driving to hatter as or Morehead to catch some wrecks, we should get a local wreck dive group together to include a guy with a decent boat...I'd be more than willing to split gas for some local dives.

Lynnhaven runs a charterboat. If you can pull a group together we can do it over a weekday too. We get to choose our own wreck.

Like others have said, it's hard to find a boat out of VB. I always liked the Morgan when I could get out from there.

Lynnhaven have a new 6 pack that will go when and where you want. Then there's Search'N (another 6 pack) out of Divers Unlimited that goes out at the weekend.
Plenty of divers out there, but precious little in the way of good transport. Thinking most folks are using private boats.....
Always wanted to dive the Monroe off the eastern shore, but everything in the Triangles is always fun (Morgan, Luckenbach, Clark, Schooner, Powell, etc...). Have numbers for most of these.

Back
Top Bottom