Your favorite memories of Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the dive sites Chedderchick! I look at it and think soon, soon my pretty..hee hee:D

At least a couple of boat dives seems the way to go.

I never would have thought how much I love diving. I am so glad MarkFm was patient and took me to the LDS pool to relearn swimming so I could learn to dive :10:

Are the beaches as awesome as they look? or are they just a way to get to the water?:wink:

GF

Porto Mari beach is pretty awesome. Great dive site, good parking, easy access, bathrooms, showers, lockers, restaurant, can't ask for much more.

Ron, another great site.....

Well, I'm in the process of cancelling the flights, hotels, diving, ground transfers, etc. The trip we were to start on the 3rd to Curacao has to be cancelled.

Our son was in an accident at work yesterday and ended up tearing up his ankle and his knee. We are fortunate it was not worse - you usually don't walk away with an "encounter" with a 500 tonne crane. He got caught between the crane and the boom dolly and was knocked down. He managed to get his foot between the dual wheels so that the wheels straddled his leg. They stopped the forward movement of the crane and dolly after a couple of feet and then backed it off him. A quick ambulance ride to hospital and all was well. Now for all the rehab. Curacao in the fall!

Sorry to hear that Hawkwood. You are right though, your son is lucky that it was not worse. Oh well, he will be that much happier to dive when he has healed. : )

GF

CheddarChick:
Ohh Hawkwood...Bad news baby. Will they let you reschedule??????

Yup, sometimes it pays to use a plain old fashioned travel agent and get the trip insurance. The flights from TO to Curocao are covered, nothing was required upfront for the hotel (Lodge Kura Halunda), the deposit for the diving I'll just have them hold, and to top it off, the fees for changing the flights from Calgary to TO that were purchased on air points are also covered by the insurance.

Unfortunately the only convient travel to Curacao for us is a direct weekly charter out of TO that ends at the end of April and starts up again in November. So it looks like we'll have a six month wait - on the good side, that will be a change from high season to low season - a savings of about $1,000.

When you only have lemons...make lemonade & vodka!!! Glad to hear you can work it out...

I need some warm water :)

I'm serious about the mirrorshades Mark . . .

Have a great trip, sorry our trips' time frames didn't overlap.

Amazing, Hawkwood the injuries weren't worse, happy to hear it's nothing permanent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom