Your favorite travel web sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peyton

Reaction score
What I would be really interested in knowing is what are travel sites to do feel the Best of the Best, that is, ones that you always use and rely on when planning travel. You can list them so that I may add up to my collections.
Thanks for your help.

Okay, so just maybe you're not a collecting spammer for your little internet website.

SCUBABoard

It's the only place populated by SCUBA divers that isn't owned by commercial advertisements, and that includes the one that claims it isn't, too.

Other travel websites are populated by vacationers who do some diving.

These posters here go on dive vacations.

It always baffles me why people rely on the many other travel boards (Trip Advisor being the best example) and then come here and wonder why this or that resort sucked. A "search" here would have sufficed.

I have dove the Keys

Roatan

Bonaire

Hawaii

All on info gleaned from this site.

What Doc said. Scubaboard first and foremost for locations, dive sites, dive shops, and tidbits because this is where the divers are. Not only are the archives worth their weight in gold, but I even get to ask questions!

You have to be a little sophisticated about it and even a bit of a mind reader though. Look at the profile of the person doing the reviews. Do they like what you like? What's their diving experience level? What do they have to compare to? One's definition of "inexpensive" can vary too.

I have had very good luck with tripadvisor.com I use them all the time when I want to check out real honest reviews on hotels,ect...

Yes, I like trip advisor too, but only for non-diving type stuff.

Scubaboard and undercurrent are the only places I look at for referrals. I can't think of a single internet site that could provide anywhere near the quality of info that I need for a dive only trip. Scuba diving magazine is nice for the pictures and to get ideas, but I don't use them for trip planning.

Tripadvisor is good for getting ideas on hotels to stay at overnight during long trips. But those people who post are such whiners and complainers that I really have to read and sift through the posts to decide if the hotel is good enough for an overnighter. Then I end up at a Hilton anyway :)

Undercurrent and Scubaboard for dive operators and locations. I like TripAdvisor for hotels and restaurants, but I agree with scubamickey - you really have to be able to sift out the whiners. Still, I have found really good advice on there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom