Your favourite LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwissie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Finding a new LDS is a real pain in the butt! Does anyone have recommendations for the Lower Mainland area of BC??

International Diving Center at 10th and Arbutus.
www.diveidc.com

I have nothing but good things to say about them. Their customer service is great, their attitudes are great, they claim to have one of the best safety records around, ... I highly recommend them.

Bill.

I was recommend to check out Dive & Sea Sports in New Westminster a couple of years ago and have been thoroughly happy with them. They really DO have the largest selection of brands in the Lower Mainland and they'll always seem to have a fair price. Worth the drive out to New West. I know of alot of divers who drive all the way from North Van & Abbotsford to deal with them only. They have alot of knowledge & experience in equipment & servicing & are very helpful. There is a bunch of regulars that go out on fun dives & trips & social outings....I felt very welcomed as a newcomer.

:DI hope this thread stays as recommendations and doesnt turn into a store bashing.....

So far I've been to the Diving Locker, Great Pacific Divers and Ocean Pro and I just want to check out all of the shops around. What a change from my hometown in Ontario where there was only one store.

I can't really say it's a "favourite" because I've only dived in the Vancouver area once, but this out-of-towner used Great Pacific Diving (North Van store) and I really enjoyed my dive trip with them.

They came recommended to me by a friend in the RCMP. He's not on the dive team but another person in his detachment is and that's who they use. I figure if it's good enough for the Mounties, it's good enough for me!

Ken and Laurel were quite accomodating and didn't mind me tagging along just for the day, even though they had a two-day dive trip on Vancouver Island planned. They also didn't mind picking me up from the dive shop and driving me to Ogden Point (I was car-less that day as my non-diving friend needed the rental car). Only downside was that I had to be at their dive shop at (yawwwn) 5:30 in the morning. I made up my missing sleep on the ferryboat!

My next trip up there I'll definitely use them again.

I, too, must recommend International Diving Centre (IDC). Apart from a truly friendly atmosphere everyone is enthusiastic and committed to diving. And diving safely.
Also, any information or resources you may seek are available to you.

I've been happy with IDC, GPD, and Ocean Pro. I use all 3 on different occasions. As I live in White Rock, I'm at Ocean pro the most.

I was at OPD today as a matter of fact. I'm in Langley so they are nice and close. Shannon is a great owner and Dave seems to know his stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom