Your Gradient Factors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What are the most aggressive GF-Hi values you have used?

I have no idea. All those comnputers (DiveRite, Seiko, etc) that used Buhlman but never told you what they were doing could have been damn near anything.

90 on CCR. 80-85 on OC depending on the dive.

Probably 5000 dives on ~90 , maybe more. Whatever Orca used on EDGEs, Skinny Dippers and Marathons. Probably get a Shearwater one day just to see.

20+ years ago several prominent tech divers in Germany were diving a GFhigh of 150. I tried it too for less than a year, It worked but I was extremely tired after such dives. Dropped my GFhigh down to 125 and that worked well until about 2008. Similar problems then and I dropped my GFhigh down to 100.
6 or 7 years later I was having issues with a GFhigh of 100 on multiday trips involving 2 Trimix dives a day after 4+ days.
Now I'm older, use a GFhigh of 85, and take a 1/2 day break after 3 and a half days of doing 2 trimix dives a day.
It works for me, cannot say that it would work for you and if you get badly bent, it'll be your own fault.

Michael

I only do no stop and light deco. I dive 80/95 alongside a computer running DSAT.

:devil:

What are the most aggressive GF-Hi values you have used?

I am just doing recreational dives so I am set at 45/95 on my Perdix which I dive on using OC Tec mode. If I am doing nitrox or deco dives I would still be on the same setting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom