Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What is your max depth to date?

What is the deepest you are willing to go?

81 is my max so far. I'm ready to go 85-90

101 feet is my max so far. I will go as deep as I feel comfortable with given the dive conditions, the plan, and my level of experience at the time. In the short term, I don't really plan on going much deeper than I've gone thus far.

It's not important (max lifetime depth). Right now, my max planned depth is 65', since my buddy is my young son.

I have as much fun on shallow dives as deep. The only problem I have is finding him some good diving nearby at those depths. That pretty much limits him to the offshore rigs and a few good lake dives.

When he get 16, I'll take him to the Flower Gardens. Not much deeper than my self imposed limit, but I worry about the repetitive dives on his bone growth. Heck, I may make him wait until he's 18. That's when I really started diving.

103' Felt very comfortable. I'd be willing to go deeper although I am in no rush.

I've gone as deep as PADI allows for recreational diving. My console was just slightly deeper :)

Seriously, if you're starting to play in deeper water, have you taken a deep diving or AOW class, or at least hooked up with a good mentor? Getting narced is a real thing, diving with someone experienced can help you build the sensitivity (to keep doing gauge checks) that can make a lot of difference.

In the 60s I never notice anything, but around 80' I know it starts to hit me -- not noticeable on every dive by any means, but I've cruised the bottom in A Bay and once or twice noticed that I was feeling a tad happier than I ought to have.

Below 100' it's still variable (how noticeable -- I'm sure that I am narced by then), but being really conservative, sticking to plan, cross-checking with your buddy, is critical to keeping it a clean dive.

Safe diving!

but I've cruised the bottom in A Bay and once or twice noticed that I was feeling a tad happier than I ought to have.

I hit 81ft in the main channel along the side of Iron Side island about a 1/2 mile from A-Bay. I absolutely LOVE diving the St. Lawrence.

170 feet.

There is some nice diving all around the Islander, including some pretty deep stuff if you know where you're going. Unfortunately the deeper stuff is not something for a newer diver, even gung-ho. It needs to be treated as virtual overhead (too much recreational traffic, even out of the main channel), almost entirely at > 75', you have to watch both gas and NDL. I'm trying to get my regular buddy to take nitrox so that when he's able to dive again (darned broken finger), we can do an exploratory dive, max of 111.

There's a lot of nice diving right along the shore East and West of the Islander, where you can get 60 - 70', check out the junk and the occasional large fish (some walleyes and pike). I've logged over 60 dives there the last few years, still find it pleasant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom