Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all due respect I dont believe that. You may not have noticed it but it was there.
Point of semantics. When most people talk about "narcosis" they mean what they feel. If they don't feel narced then by definition they aren't narced. Doesn't mean their judgement isn't impaired, of course. Many a drunk driver has driven "at their best" fast down a twisty road when the only reason they haven't had an accident is that people jumped out of their way.

What I call "subjective" narcosis as opposed to "objective".

Point of semantics. When most people talk about "narcosis" they mean what they feel. If they don't feel narced then by definition they aren't narced. Doesn't mean their judgement isn't impaired, of course. Many a drunk driver has driven "at their best" fast down a twisty road when the only reason they haven't had an accident is that people jumped out of their way.

What I call "subjective" narcosis as opposed to "objective".

I kind of know what you are saying, although I think most people look on narcosis (like drunkeness) objectively.

I remember doing a deep drift dive at about 150 feet whizzing along in the current thinking how fantastic it was, and remarking to myself how I didn't feel any narcosis at all. When I was doing my stops, it occurred to me that I had just been a "happy drunk", and although I had conscientiously managed my depth and time, I never looked at my SPG once whilst at depth.

mine was 42m in the great blue hole in Belize...
It was great, but I was also quite nervous, always looking at my depth gauge... :wink:
I rather stay in shallower, sunnier "Aquarium" divespots... more fish to see there anyways.
cheers, Ingo

57m/187ft - single tank, air. (57m is exactly MOD with air at 1.4 pO2).
Tiputa pass in Rangiroa.
Part of 3 star CMAS certification (max depth 60m), with another instructor, a very competent one.
I was pretty narc'd, it was rather dark (gets dark down there, even in Tahiti with 300ft viz), and we couldn't find the hammerheads. Missed the pink elephants and mermaids too. But a very memorable dive, with plenty of grey sharks.
Will probably want to go deeper if I decide to go tech.

I've been pretty damn deep. It was a planned dive, with lots of training, redundancy and using mixed gas with a well trained, trusted buddy, the way it should be.

I've also done some pretty deep dives with none of the above which, in retrospect it was pretty stupid.

122' off the Blue Wall in Roatan. frankly, 122' felt the same as 20'.

this summer i'm planning on diving the Oriskany, at least to the flight deck (~140').

129' at UW Wall just outside Friday Harbor, WA. The dive was a part of our Deep Specialty, our instructor had us do math problems at depth. I never thought 3 x 3 would be so hard to figure out!

The Deepest I have been to 132', I have been below 100' many times, And I also do night dives below 100', I did solo at those depths now I try to dive with buddy's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom