Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

147 on air. Blue Hole Belize.
My first time narced. After looking three times at my SPG before being able to remember my preassure I decided to ascend. Looked up from my SPG and found that the DM agreed :) When I looked up he told me to ascend to 40 and wait. All good. I recognized being narced and knew what to do and the DM was paying attention as well.

I hit 101' on the speigel grove. That was my 6th dive ever.

Well as I was ascending from my 200+ feet dive using two dive computers I hit an impasse.
One dive computer is blinking saying I have been down too long and one says I am coming up too fast.
Finally at about 150 feet the one blinking about coming up too fast went red and I had to stop and hang until it began to blink again.
So while hanging there I was looking at some coral and admiring the world at 150 feet when all of a sudden, I begin to move up.
I check my gear, my BC is not inflating and I know I am not kicking but I am going up.
I check my dive computer and I see that my computer is no longer solid red but is now blinking again so going up is okay, but why am I going up.
At about 100 feet (yes I went at least 50 feet before even thinking about looking up) I looked up to see my wife above me holding onto my tank hauling me up.
She figured I had Nitrogen Narc as I had stopped to admire the world at 150 feet and she came down to pull me up.
To this day I still wonder at my reaction to the sudden rise and wonder if indeed I did not have at least a touch of it.

10,000 Leagues where I wrestled a giant squid whilst Captain Nemo waved from the window of the Nautilus.

Or 42 meters and narc'ed off my noggin.

My Max on air is 225 in Grand Cayman getting ready to start trimix

Hrrrm, 225' on air? Not wanting to be a troll, but I hope you are a really good instructor.

:trainwreck:

Back
Top Bottom