Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

585ft in the chamber
412 on CCR
258 on air and narked out of my mind. chasing a fish in the GOM

would love to see 500 on CCR

It is an interesting thread - this thread has a poll linked to it, and so you can see effectively a bell curve graph of the average max depth of people who post on SB (poll is still live, if anyone wants to vote...).

As some of you know, I used to routinely dive in the 150-200 ft depth range on air. I rarely felt any effects of narcosis (although they were undoubtedly there... I think my continual acclimatization to high nitrogen levels and the focus on my video work prevented them from being disruptive).

This past weekend I did two consecutive dives to 150/151 ft to film the wreck of a squid boat and a local dive team removing the fishing net from it. I had not done a deep dive in about 5 months and had not done any significant diving in the past three months, so I was concerned about how I might react.

For the first time in my memory (47 years of diving now) I was narced to the point where it significantly affected my filming. I was zoomed in with my tele and was panning far too fast over the ship and net. My framing was OK, but it was obvious I was not fully focused on the video. Looks like I'll have to start reacclimating to deeper diving if I want to continue to film there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom