Your opinion about the future of recreational scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Onderwatersport

Registered
Reaction score
We invite you to take part in this international questionnaire about recreational scuba diving.

The aim of this questionnaire is to get an insight into your preferences as a diver so that the recreational diving sector in Europe can take these into account to improve dive locations. The survey will be implemented in Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Great Britain.

The online questionnaire is about taking part in recreational scuba diving. One part of the questions is about the opportunities for diving in the province of Zeeland in the south west of the Netherlands. We still greatly value your opinion, even if you have not dived in this area.

By taking part in the questionnaire, you have the chance of winning one of the following products. The prize package consists of a Suunto Zoop dive computer, a Cressi-sub MC5 Ellips steel regulator, a Mares Prestige MRS+ stabilizing jacket and a Scubapro Titanium Divers Watch.

The questionnaire can be filled in online on:
UK: QuestionPro Survey - 100525 Vragenlijst Divers Delta ENG vs 1
Germany: QuestionPro Survey - 100526 Vragenlijst Divers Delta DTSL vs 1
France: QuestionPro Survey - 100526 Vragenlijst Divers Delta FR vs 1
Dutch: QuestionPro Survey - 100303 Vragenlijst Divers Delta NL vs 1

The market research is commissioned by the Nederlandse Onderwatersport Bond (the Dutch Watersports Association) with a subsidy from the Province of Zeeland, the Province of North Brabant, and the Ministry of Economic Affairs.

Rob -- should add that if you live in North America you may not take the survey.

Yeah, it's really intended for people who live and dive around the Oosterschelde in the southern part of Holland. The NOB (local CMAS) have done a fair amount to support local divers (via a reasonably effective political lobby) with little practical things that mean so much, like getting parking lots set up, putting portable toilets at dive sites, opening (a less successful) dialogue with fishers over sharing space and even developing the entry/exit points at sites to make them more accessible and safer.

The survey, however, is very focused on what happens in the southern Dutch provinces, probably because it's intended more to collect the opinions of foreigners who dive here than it was to gain insight into what turns on local Dutch divers. The survey completely ignores the fact that a lot of diving and training gets done by local divers outside of this one area.

Anyway, if you don't dive in Holland and you don't intend to, then the survey isn't for you.

R..

I've seen this stuff before. First comes a comprehensive survey then new regulations/laws are created followed by implementation. Sometimes they are needed, sometimes not. Lets hope whatever regulations come as a result of this survey they serve to benefit the diving community.

Yeah. I wouldn't expect that in this case. I don't know what will be done with it exactly, but the NOB is an organisation that lobbies in favour of the interest of divers and the survey was largely asking about how satisfied divers were with the infrastructure and facilities offered to them.

I suspect, although I obviously can't be sure, that the survey is intended to give the NOB direction as opposed to giving governments direction.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom