Your Perfect Skin....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello all - first off, I must apologize for dropping the ball on the R&D Corner - I have invited Justin and Eric to monitor the thread as well - I have taken over the marketing, so I am working on a number of new projects. I digress....

At Dema this year we introduced a couple of new skin styles - possibly more for the military - but we had a lot of interest in that skin from recreational divers as well...

If you could design your perfect skin - what would it look like?

Material?
Padding?
etc...

Until the next Dive...
Tyler

I fell completely in love with the red skin you guys had at Dema in the display booth in the New Products section . . . Red, with the black anti-friction dots on the shoulders.

My idea skin would look that sharp, but have useful-sized bellows pockets on it, secured to the underlying bag the way Rick Inman DIYed for his Fusion. I think to have those pockets, it couldn't be Lycra (because it would tear where the stitching went through) although maybe you could use a neoprene backing pad a little bigger than the pocket . . . But nobody seems to be complaining about difficulties managing the thin neoprene skin. (I've never tried on a tech skinned suit.)

I love my Fusion with the Lycra skin, except for the mild nuisance value of having to wear X-shorts over it.

It would have

1. Better pockets - along the lines of what Halycon produces or perhaps similar to the pockets Andy's Dry suits used to have on them.

I like having a thin pocket for wet notes under the main pocket and I like having a firmer flap that you can feel in heavy gloves.

As stated above, the pockets also have to be anchored to the bladder under the pocket to prevent sag.

2. Shorter torso - the excess torso length and/or stretch tends to accentuate the saggy diaper look.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom