Your Post-Cavern Gear Configuration

What was Your Post-Cavern Cave Class Configuration?

• Single-tank, mostly minimum equipment

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Doubles, but not full cave equipment

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Full Cave equip (per agency req'mts)

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jax, i finished cavern/intro in a single & 'h', and started diving doubles three weeks later...just to skew all your results...

jax, i finished cavern/intro in a single & 'h', and started diving doubles three weeks later...just to skew all your results...

Actually, I don't see that as skewing. Some people believe the equipment requirements are too low, but this poll shows that it is a non-issue -- that the ability to do the beginning training in a single does not encourage the diver to stay in a single as many go quickly to the full cave gear.

This also explains why no one is actively trying to change the equipment requirements. It is a non-issue.

I do find the Ginnie requirement to stop Intro to Cave students from diving in doubles is very short-sighted and unreasonable.

Okay, you got me there! I though one does not wear gloves in caves?

It depends on the cave. I wore gloves in Cannonball. I just don't wear ring gloves. I want to be able to pull them off if needed to distinguish gold line from white line. Once I know I'm on the proper line the gloves can go back on. No gloves doesn't help if you can't feel your hands and thus not feel the line.

yes, i had to get notes from mike to dive ginnie in doubles, but he was very willing & i ran into him every time i needed one, so that wasn't an issue either. an annoyance, but not an issue.

and the reason i moved to doubles - there was a cavern student at cathy's trying to take cavern in a vest bc. he was moaning that he couldn't get the horizontal trim, and cathy only had doubles wings for rent, so i loaned him my singles wing and rented a doubles wing & doubles. then i did my first doubles dive in p3. this isn't the recommended progression... but i never went back.

yes, i had to get notes from mike to dive ginnie in doubles, but he was very willing & i ran into him every time i needed one, so that wasn't an issue either. an annoyance, but not an issue.

and the reason i moved to doubles - there was a cavern student at cathy's trying to take cavern in a vest bc. he was moaning that he couldn't get the horizontal trim, and cathy only had doubles wings for rent, so i loaned him my singles wing and rented a doubles wing & doubles. then i did my first doubles dive in p3. this isn't the recommended progression... but i never went back.
lets talk turkey here.

how much do you want for the G250 in your avatar?

Reactions: Jax
I did cavern in a single tank. Intro in backmounted doubles and then did full in sidemount.

sorry, hon. i have two, but they're really larry's & i don't think he'd be willing to part with them. cool, though, huh?

Almost as cool my transparent blue r190 with clear g250 primary :wink:

High fashion.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom