Your recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Folks,

I'lve been browsing the the listings and one thing strike me :
How about to put together the list of favorite destinations + best ( or say - "optimal" ) times of the year/season + favorite DO ?

Please post your ideas.

Here is ours -

(MEX) Cozumel - August, DiveParadise.
(MEX) Playa Del Carmen - Aug - Sept, Yukatech. Note : DMs are excellent. Pino and Polo are our absolute favorite DM.

One recommedation would be to dive Maui with Maui Dreams this year. Mokikini, Whales, sun and white sand. :) Don and Rachel are great folks to dive with.

Cherry

Grand Cayman, May-June.

Ocean Frontiers is by far my favorite. Dan is the best to dive with. They tend to find spots that are not always on the traditional "rotation" of sites. Guided and unguided, depending on your experience level. Allow you to maximize your bottom time, if on computer.

The Red Sail folks out of RUM POINT (NOT 7-mile) are great as well, just be sure that this is the Rum Point boat, not just the 7-mile boat coming over to pick you up. If the RP group, they rarely have more than 4-5 divers and are much more relaxed. Gavin is awesome there.

Nekton Pilot live aboard..Belize...late spring.

U/W photographer's dream..and no rock & roll, even in heavier seas.

French Cay, any Thursday, three-tank with Caicos Adventures.

I second Cozumel with Dive Paradise, WONDERFUL

West Caicos with Dive Provo, they were also wonderful. We had some rain, but overall it was still quite beautiful and the water was perfect (got back 11/9).

smrtblnddiver once bubbled...
I second Cozumel with Dive Paradise, WONDERFUL

West Caicos with Dive Provo, they were also wonderful. We had some rain, but overall it was still quite beautiful and the water was perfect (got back 11/9).

And where is your trip report?

LOL, same place as the article I said I'd write..........

my head. :D

I'd have say Grand Cayman was amazing - assuming we're sticking to the Caribbean - suggest East End or North Sound (although I found north sound can be a little rough right now - we just came back)

The wall dives on the East are pretty breathtaking.:mean:

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...

And where is your trip report?

Ohh, my bad! we spent 2 weeks down in Mexico - and i haven't write anything. Shame on me. I'll try my best by the end of the week. Sorry folks ;-0

Back
Top Bottom