Your Thoughts on Draeger Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A rebreather is a total waste of time and money unless you are using it for some specialized shallow work like - animals videography/photography...or sneaking up on the enemy. I have a LAR V and it's great. Do I really use it for work - no. Do I collect scuba memorabilia - yes. At some point I may use the LAR V as a spare deco rebreather or other.

As rjack mentioned a set of doubles would give you more than enough bottom time. If you're serious and wanted something more - get a surface hookah system which allows you to stay 30' nearly forever barring running out of fuel, or other.

x

Ok cool.

I have a set of Twin al80s, but was just curious and the whole process of rebreathers, after doing a lot of reading seems to me like its just not worth it, even with a CCR. Hell I dont even have a job yet, idk how i would get 3000 dollars plus extra for all that scrubber and addon stuff. :)

Narced

We have talked before on here in the Teens section of the board. I just bought a eCCR and I will give you the rundown of the costs in my particular case.

I see you are interested in going the technical route according to your profile. I also have the same interest as you just a little bit further down the road than you might be. I got my Adv nitrox and deco procedures and went into CCR. I bought the AP Evolution+. Initial cost was $9,000. Since I am using this to further advance into deeper diving I got the trimix deco software, expedition saver kit, tempstick, and it comes with vision software. Total cost $11,006. Cells are going between $80-$120. Scrubber lime $130 per keg. DK how many times I can fill the scrubber with one keg as I am just starting out but I am sure someone on here will chime in on that. Training $1500. This does not include the travel, boat fees, or air fills. An item many do not bring up is your bailout tank. Say a 40cf for mod 1. This will run around $150. I am sure I might be missing another cost but it will be brought up if it is major.

I know your original post was about an SCR but if your interested in the tech level you will be going to CCR if you decide to go to rebreathers at all. Being 19 it was a major decision for me and should be never decided upon because of the cool factor. This is very easy to fall into being our ages. If you are really thinking about going into trimix consider rebreathers but make sure it is correct for you.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom