Your upgrade sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This newe upgrade has taken away my ability to start a new thread!!! When I click the button it takes me to a blank white page???? I can only do quick replies??? Any suggestions???? There are poop pots that I need to stir. Please help

Eric

Check the scroll bar on the bottom and make sure the slider is far left. Some folks have had super wide screen pop up, and it has them starting to the right of anything worth seeing.

Update to ScubaBoard - Phase 1 Complete
by HowardE Published on May 11th, 2011 04:39 AM

Maybe we just need to wait until Phase 2 is complete :idk:

Thanx I will check the slider. Phase 2??? Great I can hardly wait..... I am still having trouble with phase 1.

Eric

Thanx for the tip, I found my new post box in the center of the blank white abyss.

Eric

This newe upgrade has taken away my ability to start a new thread!!! When I click the button it takes me to a blank white page???? I can only do quick replies??? Any suggestions???? There are poop pots that I need to stir. Please help

Eric
What browser/version are you using? This problem seems to occur with Internet Explorer 7.

Last edited:
Does the "Search Members" feature still exist? I have only found "Search Forum".

Mea Culpa...

We detected a problem with our earlier DB which combined vbDrupal and vBulletin back in January and decided that finally moving to version 4 was warranted. We spent a good deal of money on a new interface to work with the new vBulletin and it was promised to be done by March. We have seen some mock ups, but nothing substantial. Unfortunately, the DB issue we saw back in Jan escalated to the point where it was taking our servers down every morning. We moved ahead with the db dump and prune and then migrated to vB 4 without the skin. HowardE did a great job making "do" until with modding the old skin while we continue to wait.

Since then, we have detected a problem with mem-caching that seems to have been introduced during our partial upgrade. Dallas, our DB engineer, resolved most of those problems and we seem to be running a lot smoother and faster. Now, it takes about 2 seconds to load here in the Keys and our internet sucks.

When will we be done? I don't have an answer for you yet. We might have to negotiate with another designer soon. Hopefully, the resolution of our mem-caching will resolve most of your problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom