Youth Upgrade Program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BertStevens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Dive Rite. My 13 year old daughter is in the midst of certification. I saw that you have an upgrade program for kids. Please tell me more about it.

I personally spoke to Lamar about this program at the Middle East Dive Exhibition in Dubai at the end of February 2016. He told me that when my daughter (now age 12) needs longer shoulder straps, let Dive Rite know and they will send them to her. In fact, he said that if there ever was a problem with his equipment, just send it back and they will fix or replace it. I bought the TravelPac BCD for my daughter in size small. The following weekend, she used it and she loves it! I promptly bought one for myself from the crew at Divers Down (Great folks BTW; trusted advice; fantastic customer service). I am now a big fan of Dive Rite equipment.

Hope this helps!

GJS

they basically send new straps for the transpac as they grow and need longer shoulder pads. The important thing is not to cut the harness until she is done growing, but if you don't there's no reason the rig can't grow with her. For girls especially since they are typically less negative than the guys, it may be worth looking into the steel backplates as opposed to the transpac, and use the Transplate harness. Will give a significant advantage in buoyancy.

Oh, the real important question. How tall is she, and how tall are you expecting her to be?

She just passed her 5' 2" mom and is now 5' 2.5". But I'm 6' 4", so not sure how tall she will end up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom