Youtube vid - free flow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's kind of hard to tell exactly. It's not a very good example of how to do a valve drill though.

I once had a din o-ring unseat when I was doing a valve drill, causing a free-flow when I turned the right post back on. I simply turned the post back off, twisted the regulator, and turned the post back on. That was just enough to seat the o-ring back and seal it up. :) Had it not sealed I would have left the post off and thumbed the dive.

I think it was a reg that free flowed its cold so i bet it sesed up when he stoped useing it. But nice team work on helping him out that was nice. and thats not a dir dive :wink:

They were doing valve drills on their knees and when the diver on the left purged his reg (mistake) it froze up and free flowed. Then he(she?) went to the isolator instead of the flowing regulator (mistake). The diver didn't/couldn't get the right post shut down again (mistake).

The buddy or instructor came over from the far side (away from the camera) and shut the post down. I can't tell if they ascended sharing gas or if they thawed out the reg and breathed off their respective supplies.

Definately not a DIR dive, can someone more this thread?

On a more serious note, based on the text by the video, they were doing the valve drill at 120' feet. Honestly, who addresses these types of training skills at that depth?

Just out of curiousity, what would happen if he started the dive with the isolator shut so he was breathing off the right post only, then he noticed his guage not decreasing (since it shows the left post pressure) he opened the isolator and the resulting equalization froze the primary? Would that cause this type of freeflow?

Mike

Just out of curiousity, what would happen if he started the dive with the isolator shut so he was breathing off the right post only, then he noticed his guage not decreasing (since it shows the left post pressure) he opened the isolator and the resulting equalization froze the primary? Would that cause this type of freeflow?

Mike

That would actually raise the temp (minutely) of the primary, and shouldn't freeze it.

On a more serious note, based on the text by the video, they were doing the valve drill at 120' feet. Honestly, who addresses these types of training skills at that depth?

I didn't see that, no wonder its looked "slow"

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom