Youtube vid - free flow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You looked fine to me. Looked like #2 in the steel doubles was wearing a 120ft Al80 bottom stage?

I was a little confused about the failures too. #2 had a left manifold failure, shuts right valve and switches regs. Flashes a bit over vigorously and doesn't shut the isolator (I think) but ok that's the way it goes sometimes. Then #1 gets get the iso closed and (I guess) gets the reg switched so they start the return. I'm on board except agree that ditching the reel would be prudent.

Then it seems like there's some missing footage cause #1 (in the AL80s) is OOA and the steel tank diver with the previous manifold failure donates. They are on ascent with #2 now donating to #1.

Did I get something mixed up or what happened??

Ps your video is way way more DIR than the one which started this thread :d

I had the steel doubles on. The 120 bottle was for the simulated deco on ascent. I didn't shut off the isolator. I had the right post off and was clipping the reg when my team mate noticed, so I took control of the reel while he sorted my manifold out. There is some footage missing in there, between the camera being off and editing for time. Yes on the OOA where I was donating I should have tied off the reel instead of trying to recover it. One of those brain farts that happen during simulated situations. There were 3 ascents total during this dive, with failures on the bottom portions, so it is a little hard to follow. Some of the ugliness is our control of the long hose on one of the ascents. Its bad.

I had the steel doubles on. The 120 bottle was for the simulated deco on ascent. I didn't shut off the isolator. I had the right post off and was clipping the reg when my team mate noticed, so I took control of the reel while he sorted my manifold out. There is some footage missing in there, between the camera being off and editing for time. Yes on the OOA where I was donating I should have tied off the reel instead of trying to recover it. One of those brain farts that happen during simulated situations. There were 3 ascents total during this dive, with failures on the bottom portions, so it is a little hard to follow. Some of the ugliness is our control of the long hose on one of the ascents. Its bad.

Nah really, you look like you got things are generally under control. Not perfect but a perfect dive is really rare. We all have brain farts, no worries.

I just couldn't figure out how someone with a manifold failure could later be called upon to donate. Didn't realize this was the composite footage from several dives.

Yeah we did end up passing at the end of it all. Our only troubles were little brain farts like that which we quickly got realized and corrected.

I did not post this footage here because I felt there was anything DIR about it. I posted it here because I think it displays a number of issues that would not have been issues had there been a different approach to the task. I thought it could be best appreciated in this forum.

I did not realize there were non-DIR questions; only non-DIR answers.

Hunter

I have the PADI DSAT video. They show the drills on their knees at the bottom of a pool

Yeah..I have that video as well..They say when deploying an smb, you should hook your leg around something solid, or have your buddy hold you down.....
I also noticed that they state "if the pressure on your gauge isnt changing, either your isolator is closed, or your RIGHT post is turned off" WTF?!?!?!

I did not post this footage here because I felt there was anything DIR about it. I posted it here because I think it displays a number of issues that would not have been issues had there been a different approach to the task. I thought it could be best appreciated in this forum.

I did not realize there were non-DIR questions; only non-DIR answers.

Hunter

Its fine esp. contrasting with jjones' video. There certainly are non-DIR questions though. An example would be stuff like "I can only get independent doubles, how can I make them DIR?"

Its fine esp. contrasting with jjones' video. There certainly are non-DIR questions though. An example would be stuff like "I can only get independent doubles, how can I make them DIR?"

Please, just call me Jeremy, lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom