Ys-01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcrews5508

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Sea & Sea,

A few weeks ago I bought my first camera. I picked up a s90 and paired it with an Ikelite housing. Late last week I then decided to add a strobe. I did my research and settled on the YS-01 Grip stay S Package. I placed the order and it arrived today. However upon recipt I realized that apparently the Sea & Sea tray and Ikelite Housing are not compatible(Rookie Mistake) and am now looking for advise. Are there any easy ways to make the two work togther?

Maybe Ikelite has a 2 hole to 1 adapter since they are the ones who put the 2 bolt mount instead of the standard 1 hole tripod mount. Otherwise, you have to make your own with a block of plastic, dremel and nuts.

HI-
Unfortunately, there is no way to make it compatible since the depth from front to back and the position of the housing mounting hole is too large to accomodate the Sea Arm tray with the rear lip.

Ikelite has a hardware kit called 9523.05 not exactly sure about the tray you ordered, but for me it helped (since the tray had mounting holes that matched up) as the kit includes the needed 12-24 screws and plastic spacers so the housing can go over the rear lip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom