YS-110 and Dx2g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will the YS-110 strobe work with the new Dx2Gg? Also does the Dx2g support TTL as compared to the 1g?

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean-
Yes, the YS-110 Alpha is compatible with the DX-1G, 2G and almost all other digital compact cameras available on the market. The 2G does emit TTL and in DS-TTL mode the YS-110 Alpha would be compatible.

I have the original 110 not the Alpha model. Will the original 110 work with it?

Not to hi-jack this thread completely, but I'm seriously considering buying a DX-2G to replace my current Tetra 5050 and I was wondering if my current S&S YS-90DX strobes will be TTL compatible with the DX-2G?

Thanks!

Hi onewolf-
The YS-90DX strobes are digitally compatible with use of a fiber optic cable, however, to get TTL you would need to upgrade to the YS-110 Alpha with the DS-TTL feature. The YS-90's would only TTL with a SLR housing and YS converter and sync cord. The DS-TTL feature was not developed until after the YS-90 series.

Oh well, once again wishful thinking gets squashed like a bug on the windshield of life. :)

Back
Top Bottom