YS-110 Non Stop Firing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

e_araujo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gentlemen.

Yesterday while I was in a 30 ft diving my YS-110 started firing like crazy ...

When I got home I put it in fresh water, dryed replace batteries and then the problem got back.

Any sugestions. :confused::confused:

Leak onto the circuit board could be the cause of your strobe's repetitive triggering.
I think you should have it professionally (or more preferably, factory) serviced.

Kaza

Gentlemen.

When I got home I put it in fresh water, dryed replace batteries and then the problem got back.

If you dried your batteries, I guess that means they were wet. If water gets in the battery chamber, it can leak thru the two screws to the main chamber, and then the circuit will be damaged. You need someone to service it. I suspect it is a major repair.

Gentlemen.

Você realmente secou as pilhas? O somente o exterior do aparelho? Faz uma diferença enorme desde que o pessoal aqui tá achando que houve infiltração.

(I'm asking araujo in our common language whether he might have forgotten to type in a comma between "dried" and "replaced." It makes a big difference to understanding whether water actually entered the battery compartment!)

Gentlemen.

I'd like to thank you all ... and the answer to some question is:

Yes I have dried the batteries;

I also have dried the batteries' chamber with a jet of compressed air;

And I watched the Five Pin connector (eletronic), altough I use an optical cable to fire my strobe, searching for short-circuit.

I think I'll have to send it back to Japan to have it fixed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom