YS-110 Strobe & D-TTL Compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting asked about some compatibility questions with various P&S questions. Will the Sea & Sea YS-110 work in D-TTL with a Canon G9 for instance? What about a Sony dscW-80...Olys?

I do know it works very well with the Coolpix cameras.

It seems that the YS-110 is a bit picky about how many preflashes it will work with? The specs say it will only ignore 1 preflash. I'm thinking that cameras with multiple preflashes wouldn't work in DTTL?

Is there a list of supported cameras somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack

I'm getting asked about some compatibility questions with various P&S questions. Will the Sea & Sea YS-110 work in D-TTL with a Canon G9 for instance? What about a Sony dscW-80...Olys?

I do know it works very well with the Coolpix cameras.

It seems that the YS-110 is a bit picky about how many preflashes it will work with? The specs say it will only ignore 1 preflash. I'm thinking that cameras with multiple preflashes wouldn't work in DTTL?

Is there a list of supported cameras somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack
Hi Jack,
The 110 and other digitally compatible YS series strobes have pre-flash cancellation mode. This mode allows for the cancellation of 1 single pre-flash. Cameras with multiple pre-flashs are not compatible. Unfortunately, with the sheer number and variety of cameras available there is no way to test compatibility for the DS-TTL feature. We can only confirm compatibility with SEA&SEA cameras such as the DX-5/8000G and the DX-1G for example. The DS-TTL is not a true ttl as you know and should not be relied upon 100% to give proper exposures every time. It is a great feature, but the photographer should learn how to properly expose an image manually as well.

Back
Top Bottom