YS-110 strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am having a lot of trouble using my strobes. It seems that no matter what setting I use they overexpose the picture. I am using a DX-1G in manual mode with 2 YS-110 strobes. I set the strobe to TTL, slave on, and yet when I set each strobe to min the light still blows the picture out with too much light. I have tried to reduce the amount of light by shutting the aperture down as small as it will go and raising the shutter speed but then it still has a tendency to blow the picture out with too much light.

Any suggestions on how to address this issue?

Regards,

Bill

HI Bill-
We have sent you a message as well, but a few things:
1) Are you using the Fiber Optic Cable adapter on the housing?
2) If not one can be supplied
3) Does this overexposure occur in Auto Mode or other than Manual shooting?

Diffuser?

Sea&Sea, I am using a fiber optic cable (L-Type, part 50107). I haven't tried it in auto mode since I am really trying to increase my skills using the camera's manual mode.

ae3753, it does happen when I use the diffusers as well. I have found that the diffusers dim the light down to a point that when I'm taking pics using my wide angle lens the light just doesn't get to the subject so I tend to leave them off.

One disadvantage of the strobes is that taking the diffusers off and putting them on underwater is not easily done. In order to take them off or put them on you need to disconnect the fiber optic cable, twist the diffusers from its mount (not easily accomplished) and then reconnect the fiber optic cable. On my old YS-90 strobe, you just fit the diffuser cap over the lens when you wanted to use it (easily accomplished) and slipped it off when you didn't want to use it.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom