YS-90 TTL Auto lifetime/refurbishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lrossel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dear guys at Sea&Sea,

I own a YS-90 TTL Auto strobe. A great Strobe.

I wonder:

- What is the expected lifetime of this strobe?
- There is any way to refurbish this Strobe (changing the bulb by a new one) in order to extend the lifetime?

Thanks in advance...

A happy Sea&Sea Strobe user...

HI-
The strobe life is dependent upon usage, care and maintenance. Typically, you can get several years of life out of your SEA&SEA equipment if properly maintained, stored and care for.
Yes, the bulb(s) can be replaced and the strobe repaired as necessary if there is an issue, at our service center in the US. It would require return of the strobe. If the bulb is still functioning properly, ther is no need to replace it.

HI-
The strobe life is dependent upon usage, care and maintenance. Typically, you can get several years of life out of your SEA&SEA equipment if properly maintained, stored and care for.
Yes, the bulb(s) can be replaced and the strobe repaired as necessary if there is an issue, at our service center in the US. It would require return of the strobe. If the bulb is still functioning properly, ther is no need to replace it.

Thanks, but one additional question.
How many fires at full power can last a bulb for this strobe?

Let me explain why I'm asking. I have this wonderful strobe for about 5 years, and I'm planning a trip. The worst thing could happen is to get a bulb death in the middle of the trip.

My calculations are that my YS-90 have about 4000 shots (let's suppose at full power)... is this number still low for the lifetime expected for this strobe?

Thanks again and sorry to boring you. :blush:

Any comments Sea&Sea friends?

Hi-
Simply, we can't answer that question accurately. There is no "magic number" for the life expectancy of the bulb(s) since light emittance varies and usage varies so greatly. If you are worried about an issue while traveling, have the strobe serviced and request the bulb(s) replaced as well. As always, we recommend traveling with multiples of each equipment just at the slight chance that one does flood or fail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom