ys-90auto focus assist/aiming light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2OMAN211:
The problem I have encountered with lights mounted on the strobe is that aiming the light where you need it isn't always easy or practical.

That's one reason I like a headlight! Mine is from Princeton Tec. It can serve as a spotting light, a focus light, and I can see what I need to without turning loose of the camera or using it to move the light.

Dee:
It will do OK but you'll need to get rid of the hot spot. To do that, take the head of it apart. Line the reflector cup with some wrinkled aluminum foil. I just take a small piece, wad it up then smooth it out a bit. This dissipates the reflection, getting rid of the hot spot and softening the light.

Ill try that. A more diffuse light will work much better as a modeling light.

dee i like your idea of the head light

what i was thinking for a assist light for my set up was with one strobe having it on the left side(facing the back of the camera) and then on the right on another arm having a light cannon on the other to i have cross lighting, but the also at night could be my dive light. then if i got a second strobe i would put a y adaptor on the right side and mount the strobe and light on there.

the alternative placement for the light would be under the tray.

those were just a couple of ideas i had

FWIW

Tooth

Careful using head lamps with cameras with through the lens flash metering or any through the lens metering system .It can effect your exposure.

AQUATICA /TLC arms have a nifty little light clamp that attaches their strobarms.That way you can aim the light and the strobes differently and it keeps it away from the camera..also, watch out for backscatter from the flash light turn it off before you snap the picture.

H20 man

im aware of flare and items like that i always double check to make sure i dotn have those items in my images, just the same as i do on land

tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom