YS-D1 and RX100 Nauticam / TTL mode.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zabbaskeema

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi S&S and people!

I got my DS-1 and I am getting used to my new rig before getting wet.

I am using a fiber cable to the Nauticam housing.

So far, when taking test picture with the Sony camera, TTL mode is working perfect for normal subject but never works for Macro - Its always overexposed.

Is it normal or am I doing something wrong here?

What mode/settings are recommended for the Sony RX-100 as a good starting point?

Everybody was a newbie one day :)

Thanks !

Patrick

Patrick,. I have the YS-D1, Sony Rx100 and have ordered a Nauticam housing. Hopefully, we can get some guidelines, but from my experiments with the strobe and a Canon S100, you may have to turn the dial back to lower setting for macro, or work with Manual settings.
Will try to stay in touch when I get my Housing. Hoping for trip to Truk in Feb,so want to get some ideas for settings too.
Regards.

Hi there! Good choice for the rig :)

I have to say I tried it again this morning and.... Even the macro was ok in TTL mode!! My guess was that yesterday there was less light and I headed to the wardrobe.... With same positive results!

Great! My workaround yesterday night was exactly what you suggested: manual and lowest power rating :)

Let's keep in touch!

Pat

HI Patrick-
Yes, as Dave pointed out sometimes manual will need to be used depending upon the subject and situation. Also, the DS-TTLII on the YS-D1 has EV control that allows for more adjustment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom