YS-D2s not in sync with each other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I assembled my first serious underwater rig today, a Sony RX100V in a nauticam housing with dual YS-D2 strobes. I'm currently using fantsea fiber cables and the strobes in TTL sync mode. When I take a test shot to make sure the strobes are in sync, one strobe appears much brighter than the other. It seems that one strobe might be just slightly out of sync with the other. Any suggestions what might be the cause? Am I better off slaving one strobe to the other? Should I try nauticam cords? Any suggestions appreciated

Make sure both strobes are set to the proper TTL pre-flash setting for your camera.
Sounds like one of the strobes has the incorrect setting.

Good suggestion! Maybe the previous owner changed the default factory settings.

Photos...in case they help.
DSC00147.JPG
20170716_002020.jpg

Steve,

In the last picture it looks like they are working perfectly, picture is not blown out and light is coming from both strobes.

Steve,

In the last picture it looks like they are working perfectly, picture is not blown out and light is coming from both strobes.
Yeah, I thought that was weird. In the direct shot there's a clear difference, but in the mirror shot they look great. I guess it's time to get them underwater and find out for sure.

Yeah, I thought that was weird. In the direct shot there's a clear difference, but in the mirror shot they look great. I guess it's time to get them underwater and find out for sure.
Getting them wet will not change things. As they appear to be used, did you verify that they both are programmed for the proper mode for your camera? Refer to page 28 of the manual.

Getting them wet will not change things. As they appear to be used, did you verify that they both are programmed for the proper mode for your camera? Refer to page 28 of the manual.
That's what @Got2Go suggested too. Great idea. I'm going to check that out today to ensure they're both properly set for my camera.

Back
Top Bottom