YS110 and YS110a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmchugh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a YS 110 and a YS 110a hooked up to my Sea Life DC800 via two fiber optic cables. in TTL mode it apears that the YS110 is working properly however the YS110a is doing a full flash. Any suggestions, I thought that the 110a had better reliability in slave ttl.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian-
The YS-110 Alpha has been updated to be compatible with a larger number of cameras in DS-TTL mode, that is correct. We assume that the DC-800 has 1 standard pre-flash, the sealife specs do not state the number pre-flashes. If that is the case, the YS-110's should be set to Manual 1, Slave and have TTL mode on for use in DS-TTL mode. Each should operate properly if the fiber-optic cables are mounted identically and are in proper working order. However, if the DC800 has 2 pre-flashes or more you may get inconsistent results. Additionally, make sure you have the light level controls on each set to FULL while in TTL mode. If the issue continues, please contact us for warranty evaluation via our website or seaandsea@tusa.com.

Been testing the 110a and I think the mistake I made was not having it set to full power. It apears that it will not do ttl if the strobe intensity is not set to full. I did some above land tests and seems to be working now. I'll try it in the water over the weekend and hopefully it will work properly.

Thanks for the help.
Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom