Zak - Software Bugs in Dive Organizer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I finally found a way to make the "random" crash occur with consistency (at least on my machine)...thought someone else could give it a try and see if they can reproduce it as well...

1. Open the DiveOrganizer
2. On the Dive list tab, select a dive.
3. Click on the Dive chart tab.
4. Resize the data entry panel. This is the bottom panel with all the tabs which can be resized by dragging the "handle" up to make the bottom panel larger or down to make is smaller. This seems to be what causes the issue...
5. Now change any of the data in any of the tabs in the data entry panel
6. Click the green check box to accept changes
7. I then get prompted by a Save Changes? dialog which should not appear
8. If I select No the data saves anyway and if I go back to the Dive list tab, all the lines have grown in size.
9. If I select Yes all the data on the screen disappears and I have to restart the program to see anything (although the change does seem to change).

I'm actually on vacation so I can't test on another machine, so I'd be interested if anyone else can replicate this...

-Dan

I could only hope it was consistent, but I'm glad you don't have the issue....Must be just my data then, because it happened on three separate computers that I tried it on...I'm happy to send anyone at Mares my database if they want to troubleshoot further...

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom