Zantac (Rantodine) recalled!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, I went to the store to get another bottle of zantac today and found the shelves empty! The pharmacist was busy but the assistant didn't know anything about it. I searched amazon and a few other online stores, none had it. Then I found out via google search that the FDA has ordered a recall of Zantac on April 1, 2020. I get the impression it's going to be permanently banned. Apparently something in the pill can change into a substance called NDMA (not MDMA) and that stuff causes cancer.

Kind of worried since I have been taking as much as 300mg/day for about 10 years...

Anyway, just passing the word along.

No idea if it's banned or recalled in countries other than the USA.

Info: Zantac, generics ordered off the market after FDA finds they're a ticking time bomb
I don't know if that particular website is reputable. It's the first one that came up in a google search.

FDA Press Release: FDA Requests Removal of All Ranitidine Products (Zantac) from the Market

I usually don't watch the news, so I sometimes miss things. Due to the plague, I've been watching the news at least a couple times a week. I hadn't heard anything about this even with my excessive news watching so I thought I would share it.

26 Amazing Benefits and Uses of Mulethi (Yashtimadhu) | Ayur Times

Cheaper than Affordable Care and available without prescription direct from Himalaya at an ebay near you.

PS. a co-worker had an ulcer pop a couple of years ago: he was on ranitidine and taking antihistamines for allergies, and in him that combo ended up masking the symptoms all the way to the rupture. Surgeon's comment to him was: "you're lucky I was here: since they discovered h. pylori nobody does these surgeries in real life anymore, only a few of us old guys still remember how, and with the amount of damage you had I would not recommend a surgeon who hasn't done this before."

I really hope you're being sarcastic...
Herbs are all well and good but don't replace actual medicine that's been developed and tested to treat conditions

I run computers for Life Scientists. Nope. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Also, I'm taking RYR and sterols instead of statins to keep my cholesterol down. It costs me 3-4 times more than a lovastatin prescription and I consider it cheap at the price. (My levels are low enough for this to works though, YMMV, IANAThatKindOfDoctor, etfc.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom