zeagle 50d regulator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver.....From what I was told, and I verified it from a few other sources, was that the counterbalance cylinder on Apeks regs shipped to distributors in the US were different from those sold in the UK. This US version cylinder improves breathing at greater depths by reducing the tension on the shuttle valve spring. The reason it wasn't installed on UK models had something to do with the European CE standards, as I recall, it caused the reg to be more proned to freeze-ups in extremely cold water, but don't quote me on that part. At first, this change was implemented in shop by US dealers on their stock. Apeks started shipping the US regs with the new cylinder last fall sometime I believe. So chances are yours bought in March already had it.

I was also told that the Apeks had changed some other parts like shuttle valve, shuttle valve spring, high pressure spring, and O-rings since severing ties with Zeagle.

Warhammer,

Well, I'm going into very cold water next week-around 39 degrees. I guess I'll see if the reg freezes up! I'm taking a drysuit & nitrox class. Should be interesting!

39-degrees.....IN JUNE?!?!??!?

Boy! I'm glad I dive in Texas!

--Texas "Shorty Wetsuit, but like to dive commando some day" Mike

The quarry I usally dive in gets down to about 37F in june and july.. at 100ft.. It feels good to go from sweating to death on the surface to freezing to death on the bottom.. feels like very effective air conditioning..

Oh my..."The Sky at night is big and bright....Deep in the Heart of Texas". 81 degrees at Athens Scuba Park, skinsuit's plenty :wink:

Jimbo

You can hit 37F once in a while for a 140' bottom temp in Superior. The reg seems to do pretty good down there, but it tries to run away at the sight of ice. I hope to fix that this winter.

Mike

LY,

I tend to runaway at the sight of ice myself. For that matter, below 75F and my skin begins to develop a thin layer of frost.

Bowl of chili anyone?

Jimbo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom