Zeagle BC help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coop1

Registered
Reaction score
Scott or anyone else for that matter, you've obviously done a great job of responding to legitimate questions and some not so legit ones as well... perhaps this one is in the grey area in between.

I've got a Concept that's about 4 years old. The problem is the fabric around on the expansion material flap, is becoming thread bare. I can see the bladder in a few spots. No problem with the internal components but I'm just waiting for it to literally "burst at the seams". What can I do about this? Do you guys sell the outer canvas shell or am I looking at needle and thread or entire replacement? Any recommendations? This BC has served me well and I really like it. Plus I'm not in the position to "upgrade" to one of your other models, which I'd ultimatly like to do...

Now the caveat: I work/run a dive boat and use this BC everyday 4-8 dives a day from April to October so as you might imagine this BC is WELLWELL used. Not to mention the "fam" trips in the off season. Endstate, the fabric is worn out and I'm looking for the cheapest way to fix it or remedy the situation. Any suggestions?

By the way, thanks for some quality products. The BC and 50D have served me well despite the conditions they're subjected to, day in and out.

coop

Hey Coop!

I have been out on a boat for a few days, so I behind on my SB reading...sorry!

If the BC will hold up until October, when you can spare it for a week or two, have your dive shop send it in to us and we will have a look at it. We should be able to do something for you...

Thanks!

Scott

Scott,
Since you're talking about Concepts,
My Concept is fine, except for the plastic male/female hardware parts that hold the grommets together.
The wall of the female parts can and do break.
I found a replacement part in a dive shop, and no more are in stock.
I would like to have more on hand, wondering if they are available in a more durable material such as metal. If not, how about making them?

Otherwise, this original Concept with 35 lb. bladder and velcro weight pockets is more than satisfactory. I got it primarily because it was the only BC I could find that would fit me, and I have found it to be an outstanding piece of equipment.

Thanks,

ScottZeagle:
Hey Coop!

I have been out on a boat for a few days, so I behind on my SB reading...sorry!

If the BC will hold up until October, when you can spare it for a week or two, have your dive shop send it in to us and we will have a look at it. We should be able to do something for you...

Thanks!

Scott

Thank you for the reply. When things slow down some I'll have them get it to you guys. I know the time it takes a major manufacturer to reply personally to every little issue concerning their products on a public forum such as SB and most won't do it. For what it's worth, thanks.

minervamar:
Scott,
Since you're talking about Concepts,
My Concept is fine, except for the plastic male/female hardware parts that hold the grommets together.
The wall of the female parts can and do break.
I found a replacement part in a dive shop, and no more are in stock.
I would like to have more on hand, wondering if they are available in a more durable material such as metal. If not, how about making them?

Otherwise, this original Concept with 35 lb. bladder and velcro weight pockets is more than satisfactory. I got it primarily because it was the only BC I could find that would fit me, and I have found it to be an outstanding piece of equipment.

Thanks,

If you have a local Zeagle dealer, ask them to order some extra screw fasteners with their next order. Otherwise, you can PM me your address and I will try to send you a few in the mail, but my "delivery success rate" with overseas envelopes is only about 50% - just so you know.

Scott

Glad to see that you survived another hurricane Scott.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom