Zeagle Flathead VI vs. Poseidon Jetstream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

echerk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been a recreational diver for 4 years, and a regulator is the only piece of equipment that I still don't own. I'm looking to buy one now.
I'm also planning to do a technical diving course later this year, so I need something that would also be good for deep dives.

I've been searching the internet for information and now i'm deliberating between the Zeagle ZX/Flathead VI and the Poseidon Jetstream.

I would really like to get some input/insight/suggeting/information.
Thanks.

I've owned a Jetstream, and while it was a good reg that gave you tons of air, I felt it was very on/off. Also the Poseidon's are pricey to maintain. I sold mine off last year before it started to cost me a lot of cash, and I replaced it with a Zeagle ZX-DSV. Before I sold the Poseidon I setup my doubles with the Zeagle on the right and the Poseidon on the left, and I did a 130 foot dive, and compared them side by side. The Zeagle was smoother and a much nicer breathing reg. The flathead is supposed to be even better breathing than the DSV.

I hope this gives you something to think about.

Jim

I have Zeagles (4 of them), Dive Rite (3 of them) and a Sherwood. I like all of them. I currently favor the Dive Rites just a bit due to the shape of the 2nd stage. (completely personal preferance). On my doubles, my primary is the Dive Rite, Secondary is a flathead 6.

You'd be happy with any of the Zeagle line for rec diving. (I have 2 envoys, DS 4, and Flathead 6). Actually, you be happy tec diving as well!

Thanks guys,

So I think I'll go with the Zeagle...
I also have the Zeagle BCD (Ranger) and i'm really happy with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom