zeagle or aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle regs are designed and manufactured in the USA. That is one very good reason to buy Zeagle.

I dive a 50/D Zeagle and have had no problems in close to a decade of use. I can not always find quality USA products but when I can I buy them even if the price is a bit higher. I this case the price is lower for the Zeagle product.

BTW, Aqualung is one of these companies that price fixes and refuses to allow there dealers to compete. I am unclear where there are made, France? I don't like companies who refuse to sell online or allow their dealers to compete. The reason I will never buy Aqualung.

My favorite combo is a Zeagle FH7 1st stage with an Apeks xtx50 2nd stage. I will not touch the aqualung mass market stuff. Take a look at what the technical guys use and ask why. The Zeagles & Apeks are both rock solid cold water performers.

Both are solid, well tested designs, pick which ever one you like the best.

And as for Divemaven's AL issues.....my guess it that was more of a bad tech problem than a reg problem.

I agree completely.

Divemaven has posted this "problem" several times before, and I truly believe that her husband had this annoyance. But, having 5 AL/Apeks regs with the same type of second stage, having owned several more, and never having had the problem without at least 200 (and often more) dives on one of them, I would say that the real issue lies with an incompetent tech. The same type of second stage is used in Legend, Titan LX, Apeks, Zeagle and the many Apeks clones with excellent service life. If her husband's problem was pervasive, it is unlikely that this would be the case. The only difference between the AL/Apeks balanced second stage and the Zeagle is that Zeagle uses a plastic orifice whereas the AL/Apex uses a metal one. Both work very well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom