Zeagle Pin Spanner 347-0001

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8u88les

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
A few months ago I serviced my Zeagle Envoy reg and barely got the diaphram end cap off and back on again using the pin/hook spanner for my old oceanic reg without damaging it. dont want to use that next time! i see for sale online the Zeagle Pin Spanner 347-0001 for a rediculous $48 not including shipping. They don't seem to ship outside the states anyway.

The description states: there are many cheap pin spanners on the market but only this one has the correct diameter, angle, and pin size to fit correctly.

Im sure this is nonsense given the wide variety on pin/hook spanners on the market. Does anyone know the actuall diameter and pin size of this tool so i may search for a cheaper option of the correct size? I'm afraid those adjustable ones dont make good contact and may damage the cap but not sure since ive never had one.

Thanks

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 07:16 PM ----------

btw, i made a crude measurement of the reg and the diameter seems to be 1.625 inch and pin hole size 4mm. hard to tell though with my ruler especially since the edge of the cap is rounded off.

Last edited:
they are expensive but they are german made high quality spanners. when I had my zeagles serviced at my lds they once could not get the enviro cap off as it was stuck, cooling - heating did not help and they broke two generic spanners. I had to buy this as they refuse to go further. it worked well. I never regreted spending money on it.

I can measure the diameters when I get back home.

thanks elan,
is yours also the envoy? mine is not enviro sealed but should be same diameter i guess.

I have Flathead IV they share the same spanner for the main diaphragm clamp I believe but flathead also needs another spanner for the enviro cap. so I have two. I believe the pin sizes are the same but the main diameter is different.

i think the flathead is the only zeagle that uses a different spanner from the rest (347-0003). i have found a couple online that meet my measurements, look sturdy, and cheaper than the zeagle tool so maybe i'll try one of those and hope it fits. if not, i'll put it on ebay, haha!

Try the adjustable spanners made to remove the back of waterproof watches. They are almost infinitely adjustable and come with a complete set of removable pins in many different diameters. They are three pronged, but work fine with two. Well made and tension adjustable. They are all over the internet for less than the price you quoted new, less for used. I've been using them on my reg 1st stages for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom