Zeagle range inflator hose length **please help**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel M. Thomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

i tried posting in the zeagle specific forum but it seems that is closed for posting so i hope i have picked the right place?

I have a Zeagle ranger BCD, i am very happy with it and recently bought a miflex inflator hose at 76cm, as i saw this size was recommended by someone else on scubaboard. The hose itself is too long as it kinks out at the top causing a possible snag risk for wreck penetration etc, iv'e now locked up my zeagle BCD in the back of my shipping container behind lots of other stuff and forgot to measure it. I was wondering if anyone else knows what size miflex inflator hose i would need for my zeagle ranger BCD in order for it to be sitting flush/straight with no kinks in the hose, but at the same time not pulling against the inflator/corrugated hose. thanks in advance.

daniel

Daniel I'm no tech but I've swapped out lots of hoses on several regulators all for the sole purpose of making them as short as possible (except for my primary regulator hose which would be donated to an OOA buddy) exactly for the reasons you stated and I'll tell you this- it's not going to be the same for every diver due to body size, frame, weight, etc.

If it was me I'd pull it out of the shipping container if you can't wait until you unpack it wherever it's going.

I mean you might luck out if you state what size your BCD is, and how tall and stocky you are, and hope another ScubaBoard member with the same model and size BCD, with similar regulator port and hose configurations (which you didn't specify) who is roughly the same height and weight that you are, will see this thread and give you some feedback but even then you can't be sure it will work for you.

Get it right the first time with no guessing.

what he said^

If it helps I dive an XL Ranger with an Atomic Yoke reg that has a 1st stage turret swivel - allows me to position the hose on my left side so it drops straight down (except for going thru the Zeagle velcro)

Mine is exactly 30". I thought it came with the BC?

Thanks for the reply caruso. Wise words, i think i may just take your advice and wait before i order another size. My ranger is a MD/LG size, im 5ft 11 of average build size. I bought my ranger second hand on ebay and it didn't come with an inflator hose. Iv'e been having an issue with the trims weight too so i moved them from the lower to upper cam band, but noticed the trim pockets have velcro to secure them onto the bcd cross hatched material at the back to keep them sturdy, but it's not possible to fix the velcro into place with it on the top band so i am trying to work out what to do with this too.

regards
daniel

I think the reason why i was recommended a 30 inch hose (76cm) is because of what you just said steve, the diver who recommended me the hose must of had an XL BCD where as i have a MD/LG size

It was already touched on, but measure with the regulator configuration you will be using. You can have about a 3" difference there. And leave yourself an inch or two if leeway too, just in case.

There's a sizing chart near the bottom of this page - maybe you can figure out the difference.

Ranger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom