Zeagle ranger BCD ???? I am a big guy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, that was actually quite surprising. Add to that the fact that the Ranger is damn near $1k, and you'll save a ton of money...

Sorry to ruin your prediction lol. I paid US$450 delivered by DHL including customs for my XXL Xblack Scuba Pro. Cost is not an issue for me. I tried lots of gear including back plates but decided on the xblack. For me it's adjustable to a nice snug fit and I feel comfortable with it.

I have been diving a cheaper BCD and I am right at the limits of its sizing. I have been looking at the Zeagle Ranger and the upgraded ranger version which come in sizes up to 3x and 4 x. Anyone have any experience with the Rangers? BTW I am 5 10 300 pound guy with big shoulders...
Never dove a ranger, but I do dive with a Stiletto. One of the great features of a lot of the Zeagle BCDs is the sizing options. Most BCDs give you a few fixed sizes. With Zeagles that have PFS, you can actually swap out different sections as needed. The waist, shoulder, and chest sections can be sized separately. In my case, I needed a slightly larger shoulder section, so my dive shop got me a medium Stiletto, and replaced the shoulder portion with large.

The Ranger was just too big for my needs as far as lift capacity and weight pocket capacity goes.

My first was a ranger. It is a really good BC and very adjustable. With that being said I prefer my BPW, YMMV. I would recommend trying both see which you like better.

My first was a Stiletto -- A lighter version of the Ranger. I've since swapped to a bp/w which I much much much prefer.

One of the main reasons I like it better is that I thought the Stiletto was just too much..... The ranger is just even more of that.

get a backplate and wing and you don't have to worry about it... That will be echo'd by everyone else who responds to this post after me

*Echo*
get a backplate and wing and you don't have to worry about it...
*Echo*

Maybe try the Xblack I am also long in the torso maybe not as much as you but plenty of adjustment in the Xblack.

View attachment 565196
Yeah, I may have to check that out when it's time to replace the knighthawk. My LDS has one of those on the rack I've looked at. Might not be too much of an issue though as I'm diving more and more sidemount these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom