Zeagle Ranger Pocket Zipper Config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theod

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I have found a great deal on an older zeagle ranger. I dove it over the weekend and it's pretty cool. The only thing that annoys me is the zipper configuration on the pockets. I nearly dumped my weights when i was reaching into my pockets for my slate...oops I unzipped the wrong zipper. I noticed that the new rangers have the zippers reversed with a nice red zipper indicating the weight pocket.

Does anyone know when this zipper configuration was changed? Now the pocket zipper is in the front instead of the back. Makes more sense to me.

Any help on this would be appreciated since it may help me date the ranger that I may buy.

Your question would be much better asked here ....

Zeagle - ScubaBoard

..... so ScottZeagle will see it and can respond to it.

my wife sets her weight given the gear config for the trip. IE, 3 mil shorty + alm tank.

Then we zap tie the weight pocket closed. Given that you have the rip cord system to dump the weights, this lets you feel for the only zipper that is free and you are in the pocket with eyes closed.

The zip ties are also easy enough to pop open with a dive knife and are cheeply and easily replaced.

Thats the way we do it, although I saw one guy that sewed on a velcro cover to block easy access to the zipper pull.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom