Closed Zeagle Ranger XL BCD $250

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darth Hexamal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Great Condition. 20-40 dives on it. Model year ~2016. Complete with trim pockets. Located in Greater Bay Area/Monterey, CA.
$250

IMG_1499.jpg
IMG_1501.jpg
IMG_1500.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg
IMG_1900.jpg

I'm interested if still available. I'm little apprehensive since it has been 15 years since I have done a dive and just getting back into it. I could do a new BCD for around $300 that would be a good performer but I always liked the SeaTec Manta because of the durability and lift. The Ranger seems built much the same, if not better, in ruggedness as the SeaTec Manta but the latter does not exist anymore. Does this BCD have any defects or issues? When was it last servcied?

Thanks,

I'm interested if still available. I'm little apprehensive since it has been 15 years since I have done a dive and just getting back into it. I could do a new BCD for around $300 that would be a good performer but I always liked the SeaTec Manta because of the durability and lift. The Ranger seems built much the same, if not better, in ruggedness as the SeaTec Manta but the latter does not exist anymore. Does this BCD have any defects or issues? When was it last servcied?

Thanks,
Yes, still available. These are pretty rugged BCDs though I don't have much knowledge of the SeaTec Manta to be able to compare the two. I've had my Zeagle in storage at a cool temperature. I switched to sidemount then bp/wing over the last few years since purchasing this Zeagle BCD and have simply no desire to go back to the Zeagle. No defects exist that I'm aware of. It was used on two dives last September with full range of operation. I haven't had it serviced in a while, but there aren't that many moving parts on these things and it's been stored safely in a climate controlled unit. I'm happy to try and post a time-lapse of the bladder fully inflated as well as post a short snippet of the dump/inflator valves in operation. I'm also happy to look into having it serviced (assuming the cost isn't prohibitively high at my LDS).

No need, you are right, they are low maintenance for the most part. I will do a little more research as Im looking at a F8 reg setup as well. There are some good package deals incorporating the Zeagle Halo but am kinda set on the Ranger at this point. Ill get back to this once I've done a little more vetting. Thanks!

Magnificent bc, had mine coming on 20yrs

It's a great BC and Zeagle BCD's are modular so if there is a problem with one part of the BCD you can just replace that part! If I wasn't broke right now I would jump on that deal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom