Zeagle Recon Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Recons got a good review by ScubaLab...... yea, I too would like to hear comments from someone who has used them in context to other fins, like the Jet or Dive Rite fins.

I bought a pair a few weeks ago and they are nice. They are definitely a stiff fin similar to jet fins and they are heavy. I dive them at work and have about thirty dives on them. So far I like them a lot. I did find that turning the heel ring upside down was better for me. I was a little disappointed that Zeagle / Huish Outdoor does not sell the little bolts for the spring strap adjustment separately so I do not have a spare. I am hoping that they will change that soon.

i like the review from scubalab too.. i want to buy it,, but welcome for another suggestion,, i dive in tropical warm water,,

anyone want to add some review about the fin? im currently in seeking of new fins, and want to choose between Zeagle recon, Apeks RK3, or SP Jetfins, im diving using wetsuit, open wam water at recreational limit.

thesee facts that i know:

Recon:
size : M
weight : 3lb /1.3 kg each
length : 21" / 53.3 cm
bouancy : negative
open heel
Recon Fin

RK3:
size : M
weight : 2.1lb / 982 gr each
Length : 19" / 49cm
bouyancy : slightly negative
open heel
RK3 Fins

Jetfin
size : ??
weight : 3.7lb / 1.6 kg each
Length : 21.8" / 55.3 cm
bouyancy : negative
open heel
Scubapro Jet Fins Review: Time Tested Performance | Scuba Diver HQ

Thanks Beny for the comparison info. I’m also interested in the Recon and have been watching this thread for comments. Since my earlier posting,I’ve added another fin to my “want comments” list and that’s the Deep 6 Eddy fin.... very similar, but different. Below is the Eddy fin data to match Beny’s format.

Deep 6 Eddy fin
Size: S/M
Weight: 1.4# / 0.64 kg each
Length: 20.5” / 52.07cm
Bouyancy: neutral
Open Heel
Deep 6 Eddy Flippers

Thx Doc Rig for the additional info,, i'd like see other options too.. but here in Indonesia, we have very limited varian for scuba gear.. mostly major brands that officially comin to Indonesia.. :) :):)

Was recently in Oz and got the see the Recons first hand. They look nice.

They are not flat but curved, the blade that is. The blade on the M (smallest size) is noticeably shorter than the Latge. Sizes look to run small. Wearing a size 7 6.5mm 4th element Pelagic boot the mediums were too small and the large was a snug fit.

I like the springs, the design is very similar to the Hollis F1.

Made of rubber, not as heavy as the F1 but maybe similar to the Mares Power Planar. definitely negative in salt water. A good dry suit fin I'd guess. IIRC Stiffness was perhaps a bit less than an F1 but similar to the Mares.

If the shop wasn't asking $260 I might have bought a pair. They look very nice indeed.

Back
Top Bottom