Zeagle regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Les

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it just me or does anybody else have a problem getting Zeagle reg set and octo Air 2 serviced.My local dive god that i purchased them (ex-rental dept usage)from had decided that after several years of ownership to sell his business and move to USA and make a real $$. :eek:( He had these regs in and out within hours and his work was the most recognized in our local waters.But now the new store that deals with Zeagle has had my regs for almost a month and no parts in yet.All they went in for was the yearly service.No problems with them,just regular service replacing whatever needs to be changed. I had a similar problem last year but this took 2 weeks and my octo leaked and another week for diaphram replacement because they never replaced it the first time.Kinda maked me worry about the workmanship on my next few dives.But this is the only store in my area that deals with Zeagle.Sucks to be me, hehe.I have thought of changing to a ScubaPro system
because this brand is very popular in all of the stores in the area.Does anybody else have Zeagle servicing probs?Let me know.

I have the urge to submerge...but can't until regs are ready

Les,

The "new" Zeagle regs are not the same as the "old" Zeagle regs. Pre 2000 Zeagle regs were made by Apeks. In 2000 Zeagle lost the rights to Apeks when Aqualung bought Apeks. The new Zeagle regs are made by IDI.

So the internal parts are not the same, find an Aqualung or SeaQuest dealer to do your yearly maintenance, they willhave the correct parts. Your Zeagle dealer is probably having to order parts from from them anyway.

Hope this answers your question.

ID

Originally posted by Iguana Don

The new Zeagle regs are made by IDI.
ID

Sure about that, Don? I was under the impression that Zeagle has built and is running their own reg assembly line now in Florida, which produces their new line. But the guy could have been pulling my chain, don't know. He did say that he toured the facility. But he has been known to tell a few tall tales now and again. :)

PB.....hehe

I got this info straight from the horses mouth. About this time last year I e-mailed Zeagle and was asking some questions and this was one of them. Sorry I don't have the e-mail anymore, and they could have started their own production facility since then. But that is where I got my information from.

ID

Back
Top Bottom