Zeagle Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm interested in a new wing this summer, I've been using a used OMS 45 pound double bladder last season, since I dive double LP108's and was using a wetsuit. I've got a drysuit on order now, and don't need the double bladder wing anymore. I'd like suggestions as to what I should be looking at from Zeagle, I'll be diving my double 108's as mentioned, but also double 72's for shore/shallower dives. I've been looking at the Manta with 55 pound lift, but would like to hear from some others before I make a final decision.

Thanks,
Jim

55 Manta wing is plenty for the 72's...not sure on the 108's. Figure your weight belt, the negative buoyance of the tanks when ful, plus plate and anything else that you are clipping on and you have your total lift needed.

Well so far I've been using the OMS 45# with my double 108's and a single al40 sling bottle without any issues, but I'm switching to a drysuit, so I'll be wearing more lead, and I'm not too sure about lift just yet. Plus I'll be adding more things to me as my training increases. Maybe the best route would be to contact some loal tech guys and see what they are using.

ScottZeagle, what other options are there in the ~45# and up range, single bladder?

I think the 55# Manta will be enough for me, but how easy is it to mount the Tech bladder on a non Zeagle BP? I assume the Manta is no problem because it is sold as a stand alone bladder.

Scott -

I am about to start diving double LP 104's. I have been looking at the Dive Rite Rec Wing and the Manta, but I have heard that the Rec Wing is too narrow and not suitable for LP 104's. Is the Manta wide enough to accomodate these tanks? I will be diving dry, and have no doubt 55 lbs of lift will be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom