Zeagle Yoke to DIN conversion kit installation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone installed a yoke to DIN conversion kit on a Zeagle regulator? I just ordered this conversion kit: . . . I'm curious if there's any special tools I should pick up that would help with the installation.
Yes, I have, and do so regularly. The tools you MAY need include a low profile hex socket, with slender extension (7/8" Yoke Nut Socket). It is not really 'essential', as you can loosen the yoke nut by putting the yoke regulator on a yoke valve, tightening it a bit and turning the yoke 'A clamp' in a reverse direction (counterclockwise) to loosen the hex nut. But, I like having it. You will also need a proper size hex / Allen key (1/4") to tighten the DIN bolt after installation.

A large crescent wrench will work to loosen the yoke retaining nut with a 3/8" fine thread bolt or 1st stage vice handle tool locked in a vice. a 1/4' allen wrench will screw in the DIN retained. A torque wrench is advisable to torque the DIN retainer to the correct torque.

The Zeagle service manuals are available on line from several sources.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom