Zeagle Z octo and Z primary.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichigandiverJon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anybody know if there are other specific differences between the Zeagle Z octo and the Z Primary regs besides the purge cover? The owner's manual that came with my Z octo says it's "basically" the same as the Z primary normally paired with the FH7 first stage. Reason for asking is that my current primary is a ZX, but with the Z being the next step up I was thinking of making that my primary:D

That's it. Just the purge cover. Everything else is identical. You may be able to even swap the purge covers if you want. Not 100% sure on that, as I don't have a Z to try. Pretty sure though, given Zeagle's affinity for common parts.

I should add. There's a slight possibility that the Octo was de tuned a bit to prevent free flow. This is common in non-diver adjustable seconds, but since the Z is diver adjustable, I wouldn't expect it. If that were the case, it's something that a tech can easily fix.

Same reg, same guts, different purge cover. Only difference is the tech de-tuned it so it's harder to breath out of the Octo. This way it doesn't free flow as readily.

You should be able to swap purge covers.

Yup, same. I've got both. I'll probably order a grey purge cover for my Octo soon. DGX sells them for $10.

Back
Top Bottom