Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maule

Contributor
Reaction score
buy zeagle but you must think what kind of diving you want to do are you going to stay just with open water ot go technical see what you buy 4 open water will probly will not work in a over head so think then buy good luck

I took this quote from another thread but it got me to thinking. I see alot (good) about Zeagle BCD's on this forum and I want to ask. What about the Zeagle BCD's makes everyone love them so much more than other BCD's?

Workmanship, quality, customer service and support, felxibility, modular construction.

Quod erat demonstratum . . .

the K

Awesome quality and lifetime warranty against normal defects....very very well made. Love my Zeagle Brigade. http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleBrigade...plus 10% off for board members at ScubaToys. Plus customer service that is awesome and Scott Zeagle is a member of this board.

design,fit,fexabillity,company service,quallity material. I have a Ranger and i am very happy with it. I use it with my dry suit and a steel 130 and now it is headed to Cuba for two weeks of warm water fun with resort 80's or what ever they have.

Maule:
I took this quote from another thread but it got me to thinking. I see alot (good) about Zeagle BCD's on this forum and I want to ask. What about the Zeagle BCD's makes everyone love them so much more than other BCD's?

Alot of things. I was OW trained in a scuba pro jacket style BC. I noticed my instructors wore Zeagle Rangers when they happened to be out on a "fun" dive on the same boat we were on. During training they wore the same gear as we did.

We asked around and then found a shop where we could rent 2 rangers. One dive and we bought them. They give you more room in the front than a jacket style. They are very comfortable, and you don't get the squeezed or cramped feeling that we had in the jacket style bc's.

A few years and a 147 dives later, I now dive a Zeagle bp/wing. My wife with far fewer dives still loves her Ranger LTD and I use my Ranger when I am helping an instructor with OW students.

Other than comfort and fit, we like the way they are constructed. Very high quality. The bladders are removable. If you pucture one, you can unzip the balistic nylon carrier and remove the bladder. Some BC's have a sealed seam, no way to repair or replace the bladder, you end up getting a new BC.

Everything on a Zeagle BC is interchangable. They are modular, if you want to dive doubles, it's easy to modify the bc for that purpose. If you want a bigger bladder for a particular dive, no worries you can remove the standard bladder and put the larger one on and then go back to the smaller bladder as necessary.

Zeagle will customize the bc if you want something added. More D rings, a zipper here. Although they do come with pony bottle adapters and many other options.

There manufacturing facility is right here in Florida and there gear gets a lot of use. Everywhere we go, we see folks in Zeagle gear. Even when we go to Australia, we find folks diving Zeagle gear.

All of this said, there are a lot of good BC's, BP/Wings out there. You need to find what works well for you and makes you feel good (and safe) in the water. If you have not made a purchase yet, try to rent a variety of equipment and dive it.

I can tell you that when I went to rent my Zeagle from my LDS that he did not have one in his rental gear that would fit me. He was confident enough about the product that he pulled a new one out of the box that was my size and sent me off with it as a rental item. When I came back to make the purchase, he counted the rental as part of the purchase price. I think that speaks volumes about my LDS and the Zeagle brand.

If you have any specific question please do not hesitate to send me a pm

Cheers

:cheers:

Gilless:
I now dive a Zeagle bp/wing.

:cheers:

Thanks for the replys guys. Now tell me what bp/wing is :confused:

A back plate and wing is a very, very basic B/C.

It consists of a metal, or in some cases plastic, plate, an inflatable bladder (wing) similar to that one sees in a back inflate type of b/c and a simple 2" web harness.

Some will attach weight pockets, others will use weight belts.

Very minimalistic in concept with excellent streamlining and trim aspects.

Modular so any individual piece can be replaced without having to replace the entire unit.

the K

Excellent response the "K"

Maule should you ever try a bp/wing please be aware that when first worn they make you feel like you are going to be forced face down into the water on the surface. It takes a little getting used too, but after a while you find it easy to literaly just lay back and pop the fins up out of the water and work on your tan while you wait for the boat to come by and pick you up. This is equipment that you would want to hit the pool with a few times before venturing out into open water

Gilless:
Excellent response the "K"

Maule should you ever try a bp/wing please be aware that when first worn they make you feel like you are going to be forced face down into the water on the surface. It takes a little getting used too, but after a while you find it easy to literaly just lay back and pop the fins up out of the water and work on your tan while you wait for the boat to come by and pick you up. This is equipment that you would want to hit the pool with a few times before venturing out into open water

:confused:

I dive a BP/W and have never had these issues, even though I hear about them all the time from people who don't dive them.

In talking to some divers who use them (and other back inflate buoyancy compensation devices), it is important to remember to not put all your weight on your front, or the weight will PULL your face down.

Once again, a problem solved by proper equipment configuration.:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom