Zeiss 12 mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fda483

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have not been able to find a Zen 170mm dome for my Nex-7 in a Nauticam housing. Doing wreck week in BVI in a month or so and would love to use the lens. Are there any other options? I hear the S &S 6 inch acrylic dome may work but might vignette. Any suggestions?

joe

I got my Zen 170mm dome and adapter ring via Reef Photo. Can order through them. Took quite a long time to get in.

This is the whole package inc the lens Zeiss 12mm and Zen DP 170 Package [rpv.zeiss12.pkg] - $1,999.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Zen Underwater 170mm Optical Glass Dome Port for Sea & Sea SLR Housings [zen.dp170.ss] - $999.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

---------- Post added April 9th, 2014 at 03:59 PM ----------

Haven't used it yet will probably try out in Fiji next week where I have to go for a wedding

I was at Reef Photo yesterday and was told that a large shipment of the 170mm glass domes is on the way from the manufacturer and that the ZEN 170mm dome port should be back in production soon. I also had a look at a new ZEN prototype mount for the 170mm glass which mounts direct to the Nauticam MINI housings without the port adapter. So a longer port mount incorporated into the dome which would work with the Ziess 12mm and perhaps the Olympus 12-40 zoom. The mount is waiting for the dome glass for testing. I did a review of the ZEN 170mm port for UWPMAG.com, issue #73 in the back issues.

Phil Rudin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom