zen adapter just slides onto the zen 4" dome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
got the dome and adapter home today and couldn't figure out how to install it, thought it was a bayonet style attachment. Until I tried just sliding it on. So is that it? Just like zoom gear over a lens, with the orings providing the waterproof seal? I can pull the port straight off the oly housing this way, so just making sure it's the right installation...

Thanks

Before you get that investment in the water I'd call Bluewater Photo or Optical Ocean, like that . (I didn't get responses from Zen on some prior questions, you may be luckier.) You aren't saying it could be pulled right off if, say, some friendly deckhand pulled it out of the water by it's port or something--are you? (I know, who would do that? Like I said, I know!) My understanding was the older Oly housings (it's for an Oly housing?) were a bear to separate the housing and flat port, the big reason they went to bayonet. I'm wary of assembling things that "seem so simple they don't even give you instructions". (Probably means I didn't get the instructions & critical parts bag because these days they even give you instructions for rolling up a toothpaste tube...) // ww

Yeah, going to give BW a call, but wondered if anyone here knew if that's how it worked. The adapter is secured to the housing, and the port could be pulled out but it would take a bit of force. I don't think it's something that could be done inadvertently unless I was holding the housing back in the water

I gotta say I did a test pack yesterday. My old DSLR housing, dome, macro port, strobes etc took up an entire rolling bag. All of this now fits in my lowepro camera backpack again, just like the old 5050 P&S days. That makes me happy :D

ETA - cross posted on another board, and got the answer. I knew those screws were probably there for a reason but it wasn't very intuitive.
Zen Underwater PA-EP08-EP Port Adaptor for Pen Domes [zen.pa.ep08.ep] - $100.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Last edited:
Ah, CPB (Crucial Parts Bag) narcosis strikes. ("Huh, I wonder why they sent all these extra parts???" ) :eyebrow: // ww

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom