Zen WA-100-EP dome on olympus EM5 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are a few pics taken with my EPL5 and the 60 macro behind the Zen semi dome port.
First time using this combo......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What apertures are those shots taken at?

The corners are very soft to blurred. Maybe if you try at f/16 it gets better but that could be a drawback of using a dome with a long focal length
Also the subjects don't look really macro or maybe I don't know the local fish you have

Pretty awesome for me - just an update, I bought the dome and use it on my diving trip to Raja Ampat. You guys are right - the dome and Oly 60mm macro lens work well together. Some photos are on my blog posts in Raja Ampat..maybe I should attach here as well..THANK YOU so much!

Pretty awesome for me - just an update, I bought the dome and use it on my diving trip to Raja Ampat. You guys are right - the dome and Oly 60mm macro lens work well together. Some photos are on my blog posts in Raja Ampat..maybe I should attach here as well..THANK YOU so much!

indiedive,
Glad to hear you have experienced good results with your Zen dome and the 60mm lens. As an update to my previous comments a number of pro photographers have passed through here (Palau) and I asked them about the Zen dome. They say the Zen WA-100-EP technically is not a true optical dome. Their comments are; it is a partial dome and more of a wide angle lens. So that is probably why we can use it with the 60mm with no distortion on the edges of photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom