Zenobia diving with children

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehudco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi -

I'm thinking of diving at the Zenobia in Cyprus with my son who is 13 years old AOW, limited to 21 meters (with about 40 dives) - anyone has experience diving there with kids? I've heard mixed feedback from some dive operations.

Thanks!

Hi

I've dived the Zen a few times. It sits on its port side with the sand at 45m or so. The Railings on the STBD side are at 18m, and life boats etc around 22m Really you need to certified to 30m. All the dive Ops go out on the same boat, which does one dive anchored off the Stern and a second off the Bow. Normally a lot of divers hanging on the line for their SS, most burn through their gas fast too. It could be interesting, the vis is usually good so you can see stuff beneth you, but you have to decide if you feel you should be doing it

Thanks a lot - I'll probably just wait two years until he is 15 :)

Just to add, a friend took his 15yr old son who did his last 2 qualifying dives on the Zen. He dived with Diver-In and he had one 2 one instructor. If you stick to the hull, from the props to near the bow I suspect you could easily stick to ~20m. He loved it.. To really enjoy the wreck (if ur experienced) i.e. bridge and decks you will want to go at least to 30m or even 42m to the seabed.

To help others who may face the same question - I spoke with Dive-In - they sound very nice and professional - and will not take under 15 to the Zenobia.

Back
Top Bottom